If you’re looking for a Medical Billing Specialist position, your timing couldn’t be better. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the medical records and health information technician field, which medical billing is a part of, is growing fast. Between 2012 and 2022, demand is expected to increase by as much as 22%, much faster than the average occupation. An aging population and the Affordable Care Act (ACA) are just two of the reasons for this increased opportunity.
Staffers, Inc in Jackson, Mississippi specializes in filling medical support staff positions like medical administrative assistant, medical billing/coding specialist, medical check-in/out clerk, medical records clerk and patient account representative.
Right now, one of our employers is looking for a skilled, experienced medical billing specialist for a temporary position. The position pays $12.88 per hour.
Medical Billing Specialist Job Description
- Extensive experience in AR follow-up, collections, claims.
- Extensive experience/knowledge in payer rules, regulations, policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of medical terminology/billing (CPT, DRG, ICD-9, HMO, etc.).
- Knowledge of various Medical billing forms.
- Claim Resolution including, but not limited to, resubmission of claims, account adjustments, account reconciliation.
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid.
- Excellent Computer skills.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Great written/verbal communication.
- MUST HAVE 3+ years of Medical Billing experience.
- MUST HAVE multi-tasking abilities.
- Minimum Associates degree.
If this sounds like the kind of position you are looking for, please contact Anna Robertson. Anna may be reached by phone at (601) 362-1010 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’d like to learn more about this or any other opportunity at Staffers, including corporate support staff, accounting staff, non-medical support staff, legal support staff or human resources support staff, contact the experts at Staffers. As Jackson’s staffing partner, businesses and job seekers count on us to provide resources for mutual success. We’re here to help, so just give us a call!