Employers rely on accounts payable clerks to ensure their bills are on time and cash flow is monitored. Growth in the general field of bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerical work, is expected to be about average over the next ten years according to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics. Opportunities often arise from retirements, promotions and the sheer widespread necessity of skilled candidates for these roles.
Staffers, Inc in Jackson, Mississippi specializes in filling accounting and accounting support staff positions like staff and senior accountant, controller, bookkeeper, payroll specialist, accounts payable specialist, accounts receivable specialist and accounting manager.
One of our employers currently needs an experienced, reliable accounts payable clerk for a temporary position.
Accounts Payable Clerk Job Description
- Entering a substantial number of purchase orders daily.
- Matching PO’s to invoices for payment.
- Verifying vendor accounts.
- Paying vendors by scheduling and preparing checks
- Resolving purchase order, contract, invoice or payment discrepancies.
- Charging expenses to proper accounts or cost centers, record entries.
- Minimum 3 years of Accounts Payable experience.
- Heavy data entry ability.
- Ability to prioritize and to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Eye for detail – accuracy is imperative.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
Contact Ellen Poole at (601) 362-1010 if you are interested in this position or send your resume to email@example.com and Ellen will follow up with you.
If you’d like to learn more about this or any other opportunity at Staffers, including corporate support staff, accounting staff, non-medical support staff, legal support staff or human resources support staff, contact the experts at Staffers. As Jackson’s staffing partner, businesses and job seekers count on us to provide resources for mutual success. We’re here to help, so just give us a call!